Wednesday, June 17, 2009

WTMA - 70 YEARS

Thank God WTMA (1250 AM) turns 70 years old only once! I am so sick of hearing those retro-clips from the "golden days radio." Where all the DJs and newscasters talked in an affected clip like EVERY. THING. WAS. SO. URGENT.

From the clips I have heard the golden age sounded fairly lame. How about some real golden stuff from the 40s and 50s? Thankfully I have missed any Dan Moon clips ... whew!

The constant reminder of the 70 Year Anniversary and the playing of old news clips reminds me of the annoying parents who keep showing you pictures of their new born baby. "And here's a picture of Johnny's first bowel movement. And here is another picture of him sleeping!"

So Saturday it should be over and WTMA can resume to less annoying programming. And then ... it's only 10 more years to the 80th anniversary. I, for one, cannot wait.

No comments: